With a large portfolio of commercial clients, Solar Energy Services has a proven track record in providing customized, turnkey solar solutions to a wide variety of businesses, nonprofits, and government clients in the Mid-Atlantic area. From initial site survey through O&M, SES maintains 100% control over each project – ensuring the most cost-effective, energy-efficient and trouble-free system for each client.
Whether large or small, all solar designs begin with a site survey. This phase is a vital step in the process as it affects every aspect of the project from design through return on investment. Onsite visits, in conjunction with aerial imaging tools, are employed to gather site-specific information such as:
- Solar array placement options (roof, ground, carport, etc.), as well as orientation and shading analysis relative to local weather patterns and insolation levels
- Overview of existing electrical and/or thermal systems to assess the infrastructure’s ability to accommodate the solar component.
- Engineering considerations related to structural, mechanical and electrical code compliance within local/jurisdictional covenants.
- Optimized design that will account for all site conditions, climate, utility rate tariffs, government subsidies, customer requirements and economic goals of the project.
SES’s project team ensures a timely and smooth execution of the following:
- Full solar proposal package
- Cash flow projections for economic modeling of the project
- Comprehensive design including review of structural and electrical/mechanical engineered drawings for submittal with permit application packages.
- Preparation and submittal of utility interconnection application and accompanying documents
- Procurement of project equipment
- Final completed system documentation and O&M Manual
SES offers industry expertise and services around the economics, financial incentives, and financing vehicles for solar projects. We partner with various financial entities to accommodate the solar project financing needs of our clients. SES can educate and guide you to the financing mechanism that suits your requirements best. These financing options include:
- Operating Leases
- Capital Leases
- Bank Loans
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPA)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) loans
When the project is wrapped up, SES provides full administrative and consultative support for capturing and maximizing the financial incentives.
Time-in-the-field combined with a vast array of project types as well as formal training, ensures that SES’s installer teams have both the experience and technical knowledge to execute a timely and quality installed solar system:
- NABCEP-certified Lead installers ensure a safe, code-compliant working environment with quality control, job site clean-up and progress reports throughout the installation.
- Strict adherence to documented design and safety protocols
- Crews trained and experienced in a wide array of roof types including various metal, membrane, and asphalt roofs; both flat and pitched.
- Minimal interruption to customer’s daily operations
- Experienced master electricians and master plumbers
- Inspection and Interconnection coordination are administrated in a timely fashion
- Commissioning of the system includes a thorough walkthrough with system measurement & verification
You’ve invested in a high return, commercial asset. Now you want to be sure that return is realized. With the oldest active solar service department in the region, SES brings extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of both solar thermal and solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Due to our time in the business, our NABCEP certified technicians are experienced with solar thermal and solar PV systems from many different manufacturers. SES is frequently called in to maintain, consult on, or fine-tune systems constructed by others.
Our commercial O&M services currently support dozens of commercial scale solar systems including:
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
- Solar Water Heating systems
- Solar Space Heating Systems
- Solar Pool Heating Systems