Solar Energy Services, Inc., (SES) is an established and thriving solar design and installation contractor located in the Millersville, Maryland. We install solar electric (PV), solar water heating, and solar pool heating systems for residential, commercial, and institutional customers. The majority of our work is in Maryland and Washington, DC.
Our company values honesty and integrity above all. We respect and seek out diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We honor mutual trust and long-term commitments to family, customers, and the company. We promote a fun, respectful, and safe work environment. We value learning, knowledge-sharing, personal development and the social contributions of our work. We empower our employees to make informed business decisions and we provide advancement opportunities to team members based upon merit. In the conduct of our business, we value safety, planning, measurement, teamwork, communication, accountability, results and profitability. We strive to continuously improve through customer feedback, experience, training, and process measurement.
Looking for a Solar Consultant at Solar Energy Services, Inc.
We Are The Leading Turnkey Provider of Solar Services in the Mid-Atlantic
40+ Years of Experience + Multiple Service Awards to Prove It!
*This is primarily a remote sales position with weekly local/regional travel required
**Looking to hire two (2) consultants in the Annapolis/Bowie/Severna Park/Stevensville MD area
We are looking for a passionate sales executive to join Solar Energy Services, Inc. as a Solar Consultant. The right candidate will have the first contact with our customers, providing them with information about our company, our products and the benefits of “going solar,” and will do so in a consultative manner while positioning SES as the turnkey provider of solar energy services in MD, DE, D.C. and Northern VA. Position duties will include, among other things, analyzing the needs of the customer, calculating solar resources available to the customer’s property, preparing design proposals, demonstrating company product and service offerings, and, of course, closing the deal while ultimately providing after-sales support, if/when needed.
To ensure success at Solar Energy Services, Inc., the right Solar Consultant candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, a passion for solar energy, and a successful track record in sales. Ultimately, a top-class Solar Consultant builds a rapport with prospects quickly, earns their trust as an adviser and advocate working in their best interests at all times, and provides everyone with targeted and thoughtful solar solutions that are the right fit for them personally while simultaneously helping to generate many more solar opportunities/clients for SES short- and long-term through referrals and overall positive word-of-mouth. Solar Energy Services, Inc. will provide sales leads to each trained Solar Consultant on a regular basis, but SES is also interested in someone who understands the importance of leveraging a great homeowner experience as a tool to self-generate quality leads, as well.
Solar Consultant Responsibilities:
- Meet with customers, generally at their home, to discuss their wants and needs for their solar project
- Provide customers with information about the solar “opportunity” for their residence
- Demonstrate the benefits of different solar technologies as well as the value of SES as a company
- Gather information pertinent to the project and location to most accurately identify the homeowner’s true needs
- Design solar energy solutions using internal software to best fit the customer’s needs (Aurora)
- Prepare and present proposals for homeowners using proposal-generation software (Aurora)
- Track all opportunities effectively and in a timely fashion using a Web-based CRM software tool (HubSpot)
- Understand company sales expectations, processes, methodologies, measurements, metrics, and KPI’s
- Close opportunities at a consistent pace that benefits both the company on the whole and the Solar Consultant individually
- Provide after-sales service with the customer, including courtesy calls and site visits
- Complete post-sale paperwork to facilitate the overall customer experience process internally
- Self-generate leads for new opportunities to increase
Solar Consultant Requirements:
- Previous successful sales experience, with in-home sales preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- High Integrity and an ability to balance the need for results with the need for reputation
- Passion for selling clean solar energy to create an “energy independence” for customers
- Professional appearance and a friendly disposition that conveys a consultative approach that aligns with company values and mission
- Ability to relate technical solar information in everyday “layman’s” terms to each customer
- Ability to travel locally/regionally and work hours that match up with customer needs
- Basic knowledge of CRM/Proposal software and Microsoft Office suite software
- Desire to learn and ability to be trained – this is a fun and quickly-evolving industry where quick learners thrive
- Team-first approach – if the team is successful and the company is healthy, individuals will inherently thrive
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation competitive with industry standards
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.